In Europe, Asia, Africa or anywhere, in NON-USA countries, many people have Verizon Phones (with my example, I had Droid 4), that are locked for Subscription. This is an annoying problem, because we are unable to even to connect to VERIZON – we are not in US. So, what is the solution to bypass that subscription block, that denies our access to WiFi Hotspot and several similar settings?
The solution depends on the phone model, however, in general, this solution might work on most of phones :
- Root your device (otherwise the next steps wont work, as they require system-wide changes. You can read here about What is and how to root?).
- Install SQLite Editor (or alternative functional free apps: DB BROWSER or aSQLITEmanager)
- With file-manager (I use Total-Commander) navigate to:
(or if you have Motorola🙂
entitlement_checkvalue from 1 to 0.
- Save table (a.k.a. “dump”).
- Exit SQLITE-EDITOR and NAVIGATE TO SAME RECORD and check, if it was REALLY SAVED. If so, Reboot phone and that should be all!
- If the solution didnt work and you still see that Subscription lock still interrupts you (i.e. built-in hotspot still cant be enabled or etc), you may try “Entitlement Bypass” app to start Wifi Tether (or some people say that entitlement may be bypassed with “SVTP Wifi Hotspot and USB Tether“)
If you know another solution, you can comment! We will add it in the article.