File Recovery Programs (Free)
In Google, you can find a huge list of file-recovery programs. You can even target the desired type, i.e. “damaged partition recovery” or like that… However, with by observation, most of them use the same method to recover files, and I’ve chosen several specific software, that I use solely. However, I will just list all of programs I’ve tested personally.
Firstly, I’ll list non-useful (typical) programs:
- Restoration: only finds files deleted from PC.
- Remo recover (priced) – maybe typical scanner,with no more advantages..(just different paths for searching)
- PC inspector – It seemed a scam for me, maybe it is not a real software at all! I DONT RECOMMEND EVEN TO OPEN THAT SOFTWARE!
- eData unerase – seems crap, couldnt find on formatted partition. DEEP SCAN & file saving available only with Commerial version.
- Undelete-360 – seems crap, couldnt find on formatted partition.
- Wise data recovery – seems crap, couldnt find on formatted partition.
- GlarySoft Undelete – seems crap, couldnt find on formatted partition.
- Free Undelete(“OfficeSoftware”)
- RepairIt (demo) (has very strange detection.. I couldnt use that. It was doing on all drives..)
- 4card recovery – seems crap. Just restores simply deleted files
- File Undelete plus – not useful for me.
- Byclouder recovery – not useful for me
Free Versions for Recovery (Useful apps):
- AOMEI PARTITION ASSISTANT STANDARD: PARITION RECOVERY+RE-CREATE+REFORMAT (locked,damaged,formated,raw) [free version is like PRO($50) version, see comparison: http://www.disk-partition.com/compare-edition.html (After operations, click “APPLY”) ]
- Lazersoft recovery – [free HOME version is like PRO($50) version, see comparison: http://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-data-recovery.html ]
- EaseUs Partition recovery
- Partition Find & Mount – finds and restores only such partitions, that were accidentally changed or transformed…
- Minitool partition recovery – QUICK/DEEP scan. But recovers files from damaged partitions, not the PARTITION FIX itself..
- Pandora recovery – good one
- Partition Table doctor !!! Recovers damaged partitions ! (this is old version, but good! because,new version became EASUS company, and it is different software)
- Windows Diskpart – from Windows CMD.
- Testdisk : for Professional Users.. COMMAND-LINE tool..
- piriform RECUVA: good one… Option>Actions> RESTORE FOLDER STRUCTURE.. (also, its better to check DEEP SCAN)…. but useful for files, not partition recovery
- Unstop.COpier – recovers from Damaged Partition
DAMAGED DISK FORMAT & FIX tools
- VIMX Partition Recovery(free not useful, but FREE PRO version maybe): cant find anything on locked partitions, but it has BootCD,with FIX BOOT + MBR ability.
- MiniAide Fat32 Formatter – Good for damaged partitions format.
- DRevitalize – “light programamtic” Bad-sector attempt fix
- HDD Low Lever Format – erases and Reforamts the desired drive. (other HDD tools )
## Supports damaged USB disk recovery:
- mUSBfixer: good for USB Drive fixing
- Bootice: Fix parititon Boot/MBR
- USB Disk Storage Format Tool : (pro version can also format unrecognized USB disks)
- Usb Repair : Free version checks, but Pro version($2) repairs.
- SDformatter (for Microsd, SDD, SHD and etc..)
- Company specific Software (i.e. Format Utility for Kingsoft, Transcend, etc….)
COMMERCIAL/PRICED Versions (with Free trials):
- Finalrecovery.com parition recovery (30$): free trial has fixmbr/fdisk. Full version has REBUILD partition.
- R-studio: I think, it is an advanced program..
- Diskinternals uneraser ($40) : Free Version has Limited recovery Filesize;
- Diskinternals Partition recovery ($140): Free Version has Limited recovery Filesize;
- iCare data recovery ($70) : http://www.icare-recovery.com/compare.html Free – Free Version has Limited recovery Filesize (1gb).. also cant recover from damaged partition…
- Recovery fix ($50) – maybe typical software, with 3 search mode.. Free Version has Limited recovery Filesize
- m3 recovery($50): Free Version has Limited recovery Filesize
- EaseUs Data recovery ($70): Free Version has Limited recovery Filesize (2gb)
- Stellar pheonix ($50): Free Version only preview files.
- 7-Data Partition Recovery ($50): Free Version has Limited recovery Filesize (10mb??)
- DoYourData recovery ($35) – 3 search mode, also List folders structure.. Free Version has Limited recovery Filesize (1gb)
- IUWEshare (40$) – data recovery.
- ANY DATA RECOVERY : Free Version has Limited recovery Filesize (200mb??)
- Kernetl For Windows Data Recovery ($50) – Free Version only preview files.
- Active file recovery ($40): Free Version has Limited recovery Filesize (10mb??)
- Partition Guru (70$): saves images, videos…